Full Stack Developer - EM159
Overall Purpose of Role:
This is an opportunity to work as a full stack web developer within the Technology Department as a member of the Web Development team. The successful candidate will work across multiple business lines to realize the goals of key stakeholders and to improve the trading experience of thousands of active users across the world.
Candidates should have comprehensive experience in PHP / MySQL, including experience with server-side MVC frameworks, and a sound background in JS / Webpack etc. It would be beneficial to have previously worked as part of a team within an organization that had a structured quality assurance function and to have used version control, undertaken code reviews, and possibly to have worked in environment utilizing continuous integration.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
- Development of new and existing core projects within the Company
- Development of modular / reusable PHP code within MVC frameworks
- Refactor / rewrite code to increase quality and optimize performance
- Comprehensive experience in PHP / MySQL
- Practical experience using PHP MVC frameworks (Preferably CakePHP)
- Practical experience with Object-Oriented programming (OOP)
- Practical experience with Rest APIs
- Practical experience using Linux based operating systems and a command line interface
- Experience using Version Control and Code Reviews (Preferably Git)
- Ability to work independently, creating good quality code
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of front-end technologies such as Webpack, React, SCSS, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Experience integrating unit testing / code coverage / etc. into projects
- Experience in process automation (re-useable scripts for deployment etc.)
- Understanding of programming patterns (trees, queue, stack etc.)
- Use of key value stores such as Redis / Memcached
- Understanding of scalable applications, working with multiple web nodes, use of docker, etc.
All candidates should be able to show examples of previous work / code samples, preferably sent with the initial application.
- Working hours are 08:30 – 17:30 Monday to Friday
- Some Sunday work may be required, and compensated for with time in lieu
- The role is located in Limassol, Cyprus
- Fun and creative work environment with a full calendar of social events
- A competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful applicant which includes great benefits