Full Stack Developer - EM170
Overall Purpose of Role:
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our Web Development team. The successful candidate will be utilizing a variety of leading-edge technologies, and work across a suite of external and internal facing web sites and their related tools. This role presents an opportunity to deliver high profile changes that will have a real and notable impact on the Company’s products.
Candidates should have comprehensive experience in PHP / MySQL, including experience with server-side MVC frameworks. Knowledge and experience in client side ES6 is beneficial as well as having previously worked as part of a team within an organization that had a structured quality assurance function. Candidates should have used version control, undertaken code reviews, and possibly to have worked in environment utilizing continuous integration.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Development of new and existing core projects within the company.
- Development of modular / reusable PHP code within MVC frameworks.
- Refactor / rewrite code to increase quality and optimize performance.
- Comprehensive experience in PHP / MySQL.
- Practical experience using PHP MVC frameworks (Preferably CakePHP).
- Practical experience with Object-Oriented programming (OOP).
- Practical experience with Rest APIs.
- Practical experience using Linux based operating systems and a command line interface.
- Experience with Database Design.
- Experience using Version Control and Code Reviews (Preferably Git).
- Ability to work independently, creating good quality code.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience integrating unit testing / code coverage / etc. into projects.
- Experience in process automation (re-useable scripts for deployment etc).
- Use of key value stores such as Redis / Memcached.
- Understanding of scalable applications, working with multiple web nodes, use of docker, etc.
- Knowledge of front-end CSS frameworks (bootstrap) and SCSS.
All candidates should be able to show examples of previous work / code samples, preferably sent with initial application.
- Working hours are 08:30 – 17:30 Monday to Friday
- The role is in Limassol, Cyprus
- A competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful applicant which includes great benefits