Overall Purpose of the Role:
This is an opportunity to work as a full stack web developer within the Technology Department of one of the most well established and reputable Forex Brokers. The successful candidate will work across multiple business lines to realize the goals of key stakeholders, and to improve the trading experience of thousands of active users across the world.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
- Development of new and existing core projects within the company
- Development of modular / reusable PHP code within MVC frameworks
- Refactor / rewrite code to increase quality and optimize performance
- Practical experience with Object-Oriented programming (OOP)
- Practical experience with Rest APIs
- Practical experience using Linux based operating systems and a command line interface
- Experience using Version Control and Code Reviews (Preferably Git)
- Ability to work independently, creating good quality code
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience using PHP MVC frameworks (Preferably CakePHP)
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of front-end technologies such as Webpack, React, SCSS, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Experience integrating unit testing / code coverage / etc. into projects
- Experience in process automation (re-useable scripts for deployment etc.)
- Understanding of programming patterns (trees, queue, stack etc.)
- Use of key value stores such as Redis / Memcached
- Understanding of scalable applications, working with multiple web nodes, use of docker, etc.
All candidates should be able to show examples of previous work / code samples, preferably sent with initial application.
Also, any community accounts (GitHub, StackOverflow etc), will be considered a plus.
- Working hours are 08:30 – 17:30 Monday to Friday
- Some Sunday work may be required, and compensated for with time in lieu
- The role is based in Limassol, Cyprus
- A competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant.
- The company offers a full calendar of social events, and a great working environment