Linux System Admin / Developer - EM168
Overall Purpose of Role:
We are looking for an experienced Linux Sysadmin to join the Web Development team of our Technology organization. This individual will be responsible for the maintenance and deployments of our Web servers and related systems.
Candidates should have at least 4 years’ experience in Linux based server administration specifically focused on delivering web applications to a global audience. They should have hands on experience with server configuration management, infrastructure as code and be able to provision servers from scratch. Experience with automating build processes and deployments is very beneficial.
Some development experience is also expected, so this role represents an opportunity for a developer with strong Sys Admin expertise and experience to move into a role where System Administration is the primary focus.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
- Administration of multiple Linux CentOS servers and configurations.
- Responsible for the availability of servers across products and services including proactive monitoring of systems.
- Development and maintenance of configuration management to provision new servers or provide updates to existing infrastructure.
- Deployments to production systems ensuring no downtime for clients as well as providing updates to deployment procedures in a variety of projects.
- Provide input on stability, scalability and security of the environment and support to developers when needed.
- Day to day Linux support to business requests and back-end work on internal web systems and applications.
- Development work to support the team and business priorities with the benefit of gaining knowledge of applications / services maintained.
- Comprehensive experience in Linux based server administration, preferably CentOS including strong command of terminal and shell scripting.
- Comprehensive experience in LEMP stack configuration in a load balanced, distributed environment.
- Practical experience in server configuration practices and technologies (Puppet, Ansible) including building and monitoring production servers.
- Practical experience troubleshooting production issues and working with different teams to understand and resolve problems and minimize impact on clients.
- Practical experience deploying projects to staging or production environments.
- Experience with Code as Infrastructure practices and development.
- Experience in high availability, high traffic configurations.
- Experience in MERN stack configuration in a load balanced, distributed environment.
- Experience with Memcached / Redis configuration.
- Firm understanding of concepts such as caching, proxying, content distribution, WebSockets, remote synchronization, load balancing and persistent backups.
- Solid knowledge of version control tools (GitHub).
- Familiar with Disaster Recovery concepts and procedures.
- Proficient in web technologies (PHP, JS) and knowledge / experience in PHP MVC frameworks.
- Experience in performance testing and reporting.
- Working hours are 08:30 – 17:30 Monday to Friday
- The role is located in Limassol, Cyprus
- Fun and creative work environment
- A competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful applicant which includes great benefits