MS SQL Production & Development Database Administrator - EM263
Overall Purpose of Role
The MS SQL Production & Development DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of the critical database systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This role requires some coverage of Production DBA responsibilities, in addition to responsibilities to develop and expand the company’s reporting and DB centric processing. The successful candidate will work closely with the in-house development team and operations and may need to perform investigative activities to understand and build upon legacy DB business logic.
This is a key role in helping our organization to achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives, while at the same time ensuring that the company’s production databases offer the highest reliability and performance possible.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Perform routine DBA activities & service requests.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Write stored procedures, manage execution plans and indexes.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- 4+ years of work experience on Microsoft SQL Server Databases (2012-2016).
- Expert in performing T-SQL DDL/DML/DCL commands using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Strong experience in database installation, configuration, capacity planning, implementing backup and recovery strategy for applications and database.
- Experience with backups, restores, recovery models, and Security.
- Experience in implementing and monitoring different types of High Availability and Disaster Recovery scenarios like SQL Server clusters, Replication (Transactional and Peer-to-Peer), log shipping.
- Installed and maintained SQL Server failover clustering for SQL Server 2016.
- Practical knowledge of SSIS and SSRS
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, and Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities.
- Experience in R&D projects (designing & creating DBs, tables, writing functions and procedures)
- Experience in reverse engineering and documenting legacy DB stored procedures and processes.
- An understanding of the SQL locks mechanism/ isolation levels, and their internals.
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality.
- Forex industry and/or Regulatory reporting knowledge.
- Maria DB and MySQL experience.
- Creating and managing processes to transform data for use in BI, reporting, or data analysis.
- Tableau Server experience and optimization.
- Power BI and business intelligence methodologies.
- Experience in migrating DBs from on-prem/private cloud to public clouds.
- A practical understanding of Incident Management, and IT Risk Management.
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications.
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solution Associate)
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA): Database Fundamentals SQL Certification
- The role is in Limassol, Cyprus
- Opportunities for professional development and learning opportunities
- Fun and dynamic work environment
- 20 days of annual leave which increases every two years (capped at 23 days)
- Discretionary performance bonus at the end of the year
- Discretionary benefits such as quarterly team building activities, weekly lunches and monthly team outings
- Strong culture promoting work-life balance and flexibility
- Hybrid working
- Competitive compensation package
- Some Sunday work may be required from time to time and compensated