Web Development Team Lead - EM195
Overall Purpose of Role:
We are seeking to recruit an exceptional Web Development Team Lead to manage our Web Development team. The successful candidate will be utilizing a variety of leading-edge technologies and work across a suite of external and internal facing web sites and their related tools. This role presents an opportunity to deliver high profile changes that will have a real and notable impact on the Company’s products.
Candidates should have comprehensive experience in PHP / MySQL, including experience with server-side MVC frameworks. Experience with system administration, infrastructure as code and deployment processes. Knowledge and experience in client side ES6 is beneficial as well as having previously worked as part of a team within an organization that had a structured quality assurance function. Candidates should have at least 3 years of team lead experience, and 5 years of development experience. They should have used version control, undertaken code reviews, and possibly to have worked in environment utilizing continuous integration.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
- Lead the web development team in new and existing projects within the Company
- Perform day-to-day management of the team, including handling the remuneration, bonuses, hiring, leave and discipline
- Work closely with the product management team to assign tasks to developers at the start of each sprint, assist in executing these tasks, and manage the progress and productivity of the team
- Development of modular / reusable PHP code within MVC frameworks
- Refactor / rewrite code to increase quality and optimize performance
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in the technology stack utilized by the company, and help drive technology adoption and upgrades
- Provide mentoring to the team members and help direct their skill development
- Participate in production system design and in the resolution of incidents.
- Comprehensive experience in PHP / MySQL
- Practical experience using PHP MVC frameworks (Preferably CakePHP)
- Practical experience with Object-Oriented programming (OOP)
- Practical experience with Rest APIs
- Practical experience using Linux based operating systems and a command line interface
- Experience using Version Control and Code Reviews (Preferably Git)
- Ability to work independently, creating good quality code
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in Linux based server administration, preferably CentOS including strong command of terminal and shell scripting
- Experience in server configuration practices and technologies (Puppet, Ansible) including building and monitoring production servers.
- Experience with Database Design
- Experience integrating unit testing / code coverage / etc. into projects
- Experience in process automation (re-useable scripts for deployment etc.)
- Use of key value stores such as Redis / Memcached
- Understanding of scalable applications, working with multiple web nodes, use of docker, etc.
- Experience with NodeJS / MongoDB / React
- Knowledge of front-end CSS frameworks (bootstrap) and SCSS.
- Flexible working hours within the range 8/9am - 5/6pm Monday to Friday
- The role is located in Limassol, Cyprus
- A competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful applicant which includes great benefits
- Discretionary performance-based bonuses
- Some weekend paid overtime will be required from time to time